April is here and love is definitely in the air. I had the opportunity to be a part of Laura & Jason’s Wedding day. It is always refreshing to see two couples that love and care about each other so much that you can’t help but to smile every-time your’re around them. They are the perfect example that it doesn’t matter where you come from or what nationality you are, Love is Love and Love sees no boundaries. Come and take a small look into their BIG day!
SOFTBALL AMERICA’S FAVORITE PASTIME!?
Many say Baseball is in every way perfect; there are no flaws in the sport, and Softball is no different. Everything flows together perfectly. It is built around man’s (more so a woman’s) favorite shape, a diamond, and the rest is covered by the planets on hair….Grass.
Recently I had went to visit some of my childhood friends at Randell’s Island in NY for a game of Softball. And the sportsman ship & team work that they pulled together shows why they are still undefeated. Here are just a few images from that day!
Boredom is a MotherF*cker! To say the least.
So in sight of me being bored half to death I have decided to do a DIY Hookah Tutorial hope you enjoy!
1. Grab any EMPTY bottle you might have just lying around the house.
2. Make sure you have a Hookah stem you’re no longer using
3. Clean out both items, Really good. I used Hot water and Lemon juice to kill anything that can still be living inside and it also help get rid of any nasty smells.
4. Measure the diameter of the Hookah stem and your empty bootle. Should the stem be to big use masking tape or anything rubber item that can fill in the gap in between you don’t want any air/smoke leaking outside of the bottle.
5. Make sure that the bottom of the stem is long enough to reach the water below. In my case it wasn’t so I took a small hard plastic cylinder tube i.e Pen and tape it to the other end of the stem. (I replaced the tape with hot glue more sturdy)
6. Now that all your measurements and adjustments have been made you’re ready to smoke.
I hope this helped anyone looking on how to do a hookah just from house hold items.
Feel free to email me any photos of your DIY Hookah at RSDigitalPhotos@gmail.com and i’ll post them up on my blog! You can also tag me on instagram @ RSDigitalPhotos And also check out my web-site RSDigitalPhotos.com
What’s in my bag?
The most asked question on forums by new comers is “What gear are you using” I personally believe it doesn’t matter what gear you have as long as you 1. Understand light and how it works 2. You’re creative and have a passion for it. The camera doesn’t make you a good photographer, its what you capture that makes you a great photographer. Even though I said the camera you have doesn’t matter, it sure as hell helps.
I’m using a Full Frame FX Nikon D700. And I can only speak for myself when I say that coming from using a D90 & D7000 DX Camera’s, once I made the switch to Full Frame I’ll never go back to shooting DX.
Now here is what I use for my photography:
- Nikon D700
- Nikkor 24mm f/2.8
- Sigma 50mm f/1.4
- Nikkor 60mm Macro f/2.8
- Nikkor 85mm f/1.4
- Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8
- Pocketwizard Plus ll
- 2x Alien Bee B800
- Adorama Flash Point Monolight
- Genus 77mm ND Filter
As you may have seen I mainly have PRIME Lenes. The reason for that is that they allow me to shoot at a higher aperture of f/1.2 – f/2.8! It simply allows you to use a lot more light. Here are a few example of a shoot I did with my 85mm at f/1.4 with my ND Filter attached & Alien Bee with a grid.
Like I said before the camera doesn’t defy you. You are your own camera, what you in vision is what you put out for the world to see and enjoy. I hope this helps anyone that carries the same passion that I have. Grab a camera and shoot!